Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Little Spikes and Mayan Gold

I hope that title got your attention.  So here I am, sharing some new things I'm trying from seed this year.  The first one is called Spanish Flag, a vine that can grow up to 15 feet.

 And the lovely Tecoma, known as Mayan Gold.
 And the vigorous Hyacinth Bean
The unusual Ptilotus Joey

And a new, almost-black Sophistica  Blackberry petunia from seed.


My work in the greenhouse isn't too demanding this week.  I have brought home some spikes (dracenae) in little packs:
and promptly moved them into their bigger homes.  They had incredible root systems.
I also seeded the pansies, and the herbs, and a lot of odds and ends, including the trailing petunias for the hanging baskets.
On Friday I will be picking up started plants, the majority of which will be about 1,000,000 Million Bells , real names:  calibrachoa.



No comments:

Post a Comment